About Me

Wellington, CO
I'm a regular guy that has a weakness for collecting cars. It's not my fault that they follow me home.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Kent is smart, I am dumb!

So I was sitting at work trying to figure out why I was having such a problem mounting my stock lower shock mounts to my front axle. The pic in the service manual was not good and I just wasn't getting it. Luckily I went to Kevin Kessler's website and it had a good pic of the shock mount arrangement

Photobucket

Here's what I had:

Photobucket

Why were Kevin's pointing down and mine were pointing up and hitting the spring? If I flipped the mount over, the mounting stud for the shock would be on the wrong side. I sat there for a while when Kent said "Maybe they're on the wrong sides" You know what, he was right! I got home from work and checked it out in the shop. When I swapped them side to side they looked right and they fit right. Thanks old buddy, sometimes a fresh set of eyes can solve a problem.

I'm going to pick up a set of front shocks on Thursday and drop off the rear differential at Bill's. In a perfect world, by the end of my week off I'd LIKE to have the engine & transmission mounted and the rear end bolted in. Can I do it? Probably not, but it's important to set goals right?

No comments: