About Me

Wellington, CO
I'm a regular guy that has a weakness for collecting cars. It's not my fault that they follow me home.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Something old, something new...

Well, just another post to prove that I haven't quit and I'm still around. Went on a little vacation, hit a few car shows and had a good time. The shows always inspire me to get moving,so away we go!

If you recall from previous blog entries, I have a problem with my rear leaf spring mount for my front springs. The holes were the spring pins sit are horribly worn out and need replaced. Well replacements are $38.00 each. Yikes!!!! Since many people know me as the cheapest man on Earth you know that's not gonna happen. Luckily I went out to my old spare frame and those brackets look pretty good.



Just need to get them off the frame, sandblast and paint them. Should be good as new and 76 smackers left in my pocket! Life is good. I did get the bad ones off of my "good" frame and touched up the paint, it looks pretty good:

Let me tell those of you who have never experienced the joy of removing 50 year old factory rivets you're missing out. Grinding the heads off and driving them out with an air hammer is a hoot. The sparks, the noise, great stuff! I should be just about done with this part of the program after this though.

I went to a show in Mossyrock this weekend and this was my favorite by far:

Why? Well obviously I'm a fan of that bodystyle or I wouldn't be building one. The real reason I liked it is the owner got it running, slapped a temporary tag on it and drove it to the show. Most of the body panels were starting to rust through in spots but he had it out there. Although his running boards were nicer than mine. I need to pick up the pace and get this thing on the road. I'm torn with getting the chassis put together and getting the body on it and putting it on the road. The other option is to do all the body work and get it all perfect and painted and then driving it. I'm a pretty impatient guy, but we'll see how it all ends up.

I just bought a complete Power Steering setup for my 390 from a fellow Ford fan in Ohio, it should be here in a few days. Pump, brackets, pulleys the whole deal. So now I have all the parts for the conversion except the hydraulic hoses. We'll worry about getting those made up after we have everything else installed.

OK, that's about it for now. Thanks for the support of my friends and family, I promise each and everyone of you a ride in this truck whenever we get it on the road.

Ron

No comments: