About Me

Wellington, CO
I'm a regular guy that has a weakness for collecting cars. It's not my fault that they follow me home.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Chipping Away

Well, it was 39F and raining this morning when I woke up, but I was hoping for an improvement as the day went on. It got slightly better so I went outside and went after it. I got the jackstands moved to the frame rails so the leaf springs would droop and the pins could be knocked out. 2 fresh cans of PB Blaster to help free up the pins after 50 years of service. This was a fairly awful task, 3 of the 4 pins on the front came out with minor persuasion but #4 was quite the butthead. I must have pounded on that thing for what seemed like an hour. I was just about ready to get my small MAPP gas torch to apply a little heat when I finally got it moving. Still have to get the rear springs removed tomorrow, and the front motor mount and dress up the remnants of the old crossmember before going to the sandblasters. I'm a little worried that I'm not going to hit my deadline and we may have to push things back a week. I guess after 10 years a week isn't really a big deal, but I'm going to try to get it done. Now that I'm in the groove any delays are upsetting to me, but slow and steady wins the race, right? If weather is an issue again tomorrow, that front axle is still needing me to disassemble it. The shop needs picked up a little as well, I've left a few tools laying around after my all out frame assault. So no shortage of work ahead of me. Progress pics tomorrow weather permitting (as always around here).

No comments: