About Me

Wellington, CO
I'm a regular guy that has a weakness for collecting cars. It's not my fault that they follow me home.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

A liitle news for today

Got around to making some phone calls today. Found a place in Chehalis that is going to sandblast and epoxy primer my frame. The cost is a suprisingly reasonable $207.00, so I'm pretty happy with that. Going to drop it off Tuesday or Wednesday next week. He said it will take him about a week due to his backlog but I'm in no hurry to get it back. There is plenty of other stuff to keep me busy:

1)Disassembly and rebuild of stock front axle
2)Disassembly and inspection of 9" rear end
3)Sandblasting and painting/powdercoating of small parts I've already removed

Last Christmas, my mother got me the Eastwood home powder coating kit. I've only got to play with it a little bit so far but I have been impressed with the results. I look forward to really getting some use out of it as we progress on this project.

If I like the way the frame turns out, I'll probably get a quote from them on more blasting (Cab, box, etc.) Sometimes it kills me to farm work out, but sometimes it's the best way to go. Spend a few bucks and get the work done in a fraction of time and the effort it takes to do it myself.

Friday will be finish the frame stripping day. Sure hope those spring pins come out easy. I think lots of PB Blaster, a punch and a BFH should take care of them. Stay tuned for pics and hope for some sunshine!

No comments: