About Me

Wellington, CO
I'm a regular guy that has a weakness for collecting cars. It's not my fault that they follow me home.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's back!


Finally got motivated to make the trip back to Washington to pick up the 55. I had just bought a 2004 Excursion and had some time off to get it done. Borrowed a trailer and my friend Geoff and I hit the road 6 am Tuesday morning.


Rolled into Centralia about 2 pm Wednesday and made it to Keith's house where the old girl was stored. With the help of a borrowed winch and Doug Winslow's arrival the loadup was a breeze.



After a too short visit with my pals, we got back on the road to miss the Portland rush hour traffic. We decided to stop in Cascade Locks, OR for the night. After a great night's sleep we got about 20 minutes out of town and promptly blew a trailer tire. Luckily Pat had put a spare on the trailer which got us to the Les Schwab in Hood River.

After that it was a pretty easy trip, stopped in Burley, ID Thursday night and made the last 600 miles on Friday. Got the truck in the shop safe and sound, now it's time to get back to work!

No comments: